Monday, November 18, 2013

Revenge 3.08 Review: Everyone Has Their Secrets


For all those that have yet to watch tonight’s episode of Revenge, entitled ‘Secrecy’, now would be a great time to do that before reading ahead. This is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
Well, that wasn’t that bad of an episode at all. Quite a number of things happened that were deeply intriguing plot twists, as well as character twists. Going in I was worried that Emily wouldn’t figure out a way to split Daniel and Sarah up, being that they are much better suited for one another than Emily and Daniel, but she did end up pulling something out of her hat. We all know she isn’t actually pregnant, but the situation did cleverly fit all the little clues she left behind. I will definitely be interested in what way this ends up going in the long run. We do know Emily ends up being shot, but I’ll be curious to know if this faux pregnancy fits into where she was shot.
Another big character comeback this season, in the way of the formerly thought to be deceased Lydia. Someone just tell me that Victoria knew Lydia was alive. I suppose we won’t know until the next episode, but I certainly hope that she does, otherwise her being alive makes little sense. I am curiousity to see how this character return develops. The previews made it into Lydia seeking revenge, and by how it appeared, it seems she seeks it against Emily. Can someone clarify if she had a reason to do that? I haven’t watched the first season of this series since it aired, and I watch quite a number of series, so I can’t quite recall if Emily did anything to Lydia.
I’m really seeing the Jack, Emily, Aiden kind of love triangle more this week. Sure, Jack is with Margaux, but he obviously does still care a great deal for his childhood love. Once the fake death gets cleared, something will have to continue this series, so I doubt Emily’s going anywhere. These two men have a great deal of passion in them when it comes to Emily, so I hope this continues on going forward with the second act of this season because I’d love to see more of it.
The whole addition of the bachelor pad for Grayson men was a bit on the ridiculous side. It doesn’t surprise me that they would have it, but it felt like Conrad was leading up to something more interesting than a place he brought his mistresses. Also, I’m just a tad bit surprised Daniel would think to use it so soon – he’s not even married yet. And hadn’t Sarah said she wouldn’t go any further until Daniel had broken things off with Emily, but suddenly there is a woman settling in for the night as well? I find that a tad bit much.
Overall, I quite enjoy this soap opera of television. I do wish that Emily would be able to show a little bit more of a range of emotion, especially now that she’s faking pregnant, because her character is a little dry for my taste. While I am hopeful that she finds satisfaction in her revenge scheme, I find myself not being quite as intrigued by her character as I am the rest. Someone please tell me, though, that this series ends with people finding out who she is. The big reveal at the end of the series would be great because I think that’s what a lot of people stick around for. Oh, also, I have to say that I loved Emily’s hair during the bridal shower, not the dress, but the hair was gorgeous.
My rating: 7 out of 10.

Best Line:
“I am on the rebound, so, bitch, don’t kill my vibe.” – Nolan explains to Aiden.


All right, I’m off to watch Almost Human now, so check back soon for that review.

No comments:

Post a Comment