Saturday, November 2, 2013

Nashville 2.06 Review: So Wrong It's Right


Anyone that has yet to watch Wednesday’s episode of Nashville, titled ‘It Must Be You’, well then you’re also late to the party and should probably go watch that now. This is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! Just to forewarn you.
This show is just so dramatic, and warm, and brilliant. It has such an included family kind of feel to it, like anyone could watch and enjoy it. Yeah, sure, this show does have a big country vibe to it sometimes, but then it makes me understand why so many people divulge themselves in that lifestyle, if it’s anything like this series, and I’m not a fan of country music at all.
There were a lot of things I loved about this episode, most notably the new character Charlie’s involvement. While last week he seems so enthused about his marriage – at least up until the point he slept with Juliette anyways – this week we got to see more about him, and how his marriage isn’t really working behind closed doors. Which is why I absolutely adored his interactions with Juliette, he really should be with her. And boy is he cute; I really hope he sticks around for a while because I love him.
Some other things I enjoyed about this episode definitely included Deacon’s relationship progression. Not only does he seem to be getting his act together, his relationship with Megan really appears to be healthy and good for him. She is definitely right for him at this stage in his life. Yes, I was really gunning for a Raina-Deacon reconciliation at some point, but Raina may be right in saying that they’re not healthy for each other. I also really liked Zoey’s hair, those are enviable curls that I wish I had. Also, I absolutely adored when Juliette sang with the stable workers. That was such a beautiful, down-to-earth moment that was strange for Juliette’s character, but at the same time just right.
One of my only contentions with this episode was the whole Gunnar-Zoey thing. Last season he was so incredibly into Scarlett, and eventually they fell in love, he got messed up and ended up proposing. Two episodes ago I still felt that connection between them, but this week it was almost like there was nothing between them. They were so sweet together, but now it’s like none of that meant anything, and Gunnar’s just going to throw any chance with her again out the door for Zoey. It just doesn’t feel right or cohesive to the story. I mean, I know how Avery wants Scarlett back, but I just don’t feel like he’s right for, despite how much he’s changed. I think I may always be a Scarlett-Gunnar fan, and the writers are ruining that chemistry and relationship.
Overall, I really believe this is a beautiful series. It may not be perfect, but it is one of the best series out there at the moment. I realize it’s a soap opera type of show, and that it may eventually become tiresome, but it’s in its early years, and much like Grey’s Anatomy, the early years are always the best.
My rating: 8 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“Just go have some servant feed you some grapes and leave me alone.” – Juliette tells Charlie.
“Yeah, I don’t like grapes.” – Charlie rebuts after telling Juliette she’s wrong about the rich man stereotype.
“According to Wikipedia, that horn means the game’s about to start.” – Juliette shouts at Charlie.
“On the Lord’s day no less.” – Avery teases Scarlett about her and Zoey playing video games every Sunday.


Okay, so here’s this review up. If you didn’t catch my apology on the Revolution review for this being late, go check out the end of that because I’m sure as hell not repeating it. Stay tuned for American Horror Story: Coven’s review next.

No comments:

Post a Comment