Friday, November 15, 2013

The Crazy Ones 1.08 Review: A Conflict of Interest


All those that have yet to watch last night’s episode of The Crazy Ones, entitled ‘The Stan Wood Account’, that is what I suggest you do now before reading ahead. For this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
I love this series; it is an amazing sitcom. I’m constantly laughing all the way through the episode; these people are just amazing together. This cast’s chemistry is just phenomenal.
While I do prefer when they all work together throughout the episode, this episode was still memorably hilarious. Sydney’s faux flirting and thinking she’s dating an eighty year old man was ridiculously insane, but perfect for the tempo of this series. And then Andrew being the one that is the weak link in situations is flawlessly fitting of his character, even though it turns out to be Simon that lets up on the circumstances. These characters though, I just love them to death. More so than any sitcom that I have watched in years, I will be monstrously disappointed if this series only gets the one season.
Every moment in this show is just fantastic. The use of Nelly’s song ‘Ride With Me’ worked hilariously well into the scenes it was used for. Then Lauren and Zach working together to sell cars, and the two of them flaunting themselves on top of cars to get the sale for prospective people riotous in its hilarity. I honestly love watching this show every week, I just wish there was more to watch.
This series just takes the cake every single week. It’s hilarious, the cast just works incomparably well together, and the circumstances in each episode are uproarious. These people deserve – no, the public deserves for this series to have many seasons. Not only is this show smart with its comedy in that it doesn’t try to dumb down the writing, its not just about a work sitcom, it’s about people that fit together as family.
My rating: 7.5 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“I’d carry your hair in a locket if necklaces weren’t weird on guys.” – Zach explains his fondness for Simon.
“Why do I confide in you people?” – Sydney questions herself, as she often does in this series.
“We’re basically a pimp in a mink hat away from being whores.” – Andrew sums up their job as advertisers.


That’s all for tonight, folks. Check in tomorrow for my reviews of Dracula, Haven, and Bones in its all-new Friday night timeslot. I’m off to go watch some more Christmas related TV/movies (40 days baby!) and make some more big snowflakes. Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment