Monday, November 11, 2013

Revenge 3.07 Review: Good PR is a Nightmare


For all those that have yet to watch tonight’s episode of Revenge, entitled ‘Resurgence’, then let me suggest that that is what you do now before proceeding ahead. As this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
I have to say that by the previews, I’m more excited for next week’s episode than I was happy with this one. It’s not that it was a bad episode, it did after all have a take down in the episode, it’s that it felt more like a filler episode than one that fit into the plot altogether.
The relationships in this series are becoming so convoluted. While the objective of this show is Emily’s revenge plan, I actually want Daniel and Sarah to be together. Emily is just too poised that she’s somewhat of a bland character a lot of the time, and she has very little chemistry with Daniel now that they’re getting married. I think she had more chemistry with him the last two seasons than she has this season. Sarah and Daniel are much better suited for each other. And while I do think Emily and Aiden would make a good pair, I just can’t help but still want her to be with Jack, even if their chemistry hasn’t quite been apparent as often as I think it should. He’s off getting acquainted with Margo, who I do think is helping him to get passed his wife’s death, and I do kind of like this pair, Margo’s just too nice that something is kind of off with her.
I am curious, what is this business of the first husband thing? Was that just a ploy to get the take down of the evening, Busy, to cover up something for Emily? Or was she actually married before? I definitely had a ‘what?’ moment right there. Twice. Please let this be explained because it would pain me for it to not be.
Nolan was very good in this week’s episode. I liked being able to see the pain behind his emotion to have not been able to spend the last ten years of his father’s life with him. It makes his character all the richer. There is so much depth to this character that his humour almost makes me sad for him in ways. Also, can I just say how unbelievable it is that Gabriel Mann is forty-one? The man looks like he could still be in his late twenties, especially with this character’s eccentricity. About the only thing that gives him away may be his veiny hands.
All in all, this definitely was a filler episode, and nothing to be quite excited about. I’m finding myself liking Sarah’s personality a lot more than Emily’s. Sure, her father deserves vengeance, but the fact that she is so emotionally stunted makes it hard to relate to her character. More so now than when this series first started. Still, this series isn’t bad; it does bring forth a lot of drama. I’m just really disappointed that Patrick’s no longer in it, his character really brought more normality and life to this series, regardless of the fact he tried to kill Conrad.
My rating: 6.5 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“I’m a Clarke.” – Charlotte states, owning the fact she’s not technically a Grayson.
“No, no, I just meant I can put it in a nicer mug.” – Jack tells Margo, regarding the question of whether the coffee will do for her.


Alright, that’s all for the evening. I’m going to go watch more Buffy the Vampire Slayer and try to make another big snowflake. Otherwise, check back in tomorrow for my reviews of How I Met Your Mother, Bones, Sleepy Hollow, and The Blacklist.

No comments:

Post a Comment