Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Crazy Ones 1.06 Review: How to Stay Relevant


For all those that have yet to watch Thursday night’s episode of The Crazy Ones, entitled ‘Hugging the Now’, here’s where I suggest you go and do that now, before reading ahead. This is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
There’s not much I can say about this episode that I haven’t said before in previous episodes. This series is amazing. I love how well these characters; these actors work together in this sitcom. It’s made this series my favourite new sitcom of the year, and favourite sitcom currently airing. This cast ensemble just works together so well, that you’d almost think they’d actually been working together for years.
Probably my favourite part of the episode was the nod to Sarah Michelle Gellar’s long-running love interest on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the lovely David Boreanaz’s series Bones, with a nice little name drop in there too. I love being able to catch little Easter eggs on series to my favourite show – the aforementioned Buffy.
My one little issue with this episode was how silly they made the two dates relationship with Sydney’s high school crush. Sure, I can believe that he had a crush on her in high school as well, but it was played up a little too frivolously. But I do love that it lead to that whole moment in the bar where Sydney ends up dancing with Zach, and her other coworkers mimic her high school fantasy. Plus, did you catch the nice little chemistry between those two. No, they’re not ready for a relationship any time soon, but it’d be nice for that to be built towards. But maybe I’m reading too much into things.
All in all, this sitcom is amazing. If you’re not already watching it, please go and do so because it’s quite well done. Nowadays when characters are basically thrown out for flash and drama, this is a nice family/coworker sitcom that shows that family really isn’t just about blood.
My rating: 7 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“Keep an eye on her.” – Simon says to himself regarding Lauren.
“It’s snowing inside your high school?” Zack asks Sydney about her high school fantasy.
“Do you even like David Boreanaz?” – Sydney questions Josh, name-dropping her long-running TV love interest.
“First rule of snow globes: no talking in snow globes!” – Andrew shouts at Sydney.


Anyone that doesn’t recall my reasons behind the lateness of this, my apology can be found at the end of the latest Revolution review. Otherwise, I’m off to go review Grey’s Anatomy and The Vampire Diaries. After that I’ll be catching up on Dracula and Haven and hopefully reviewing one, if not both of those. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment