Friday, November 22, 2013

Grey's Anatomy 10.10 Review: Doctors Always Know When Something is Wrong


All those that have yet to watch tonight’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy, titled ‘Somebody That I Used to Know’, this is where I suggest you go do that that before proceeding ahead. For this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILER! You’ve been warned.
Well, this week’s episode wasn’t nearly as good as last week’s, but it was jam-packed full of drama. Meredith and Cristina are still on the outs, which I am looking forward to the day when they’re not. We only have so much Mer and Cristina time, so why is Shonda throwing it away on this? The way their acting around each other, I just can’t see how it could’ve gotten this bad.
Also, I’m kind of sick of this whole Bailey fiasco. OCD because of something bad that happened to her, really? Her character is getting this whole drama-filled story, but it’s just making me hate her character. The way she’s going is just completely annoying. I’m honestly happier to have her husband around than I am to have her around at this point. She’s just… not an interesting character anymore because this just seemed to come out of leftfield. From all that we knew of this character over the course of nine seasons, this never seemed like a possible scenario. I guess I’m just digging my heels in, in regards to liking this storytelling.
Webber also got a bit of a story this week. It appears he desperately wants out of the hospital, and who can blame him? He has been in that hospital for… how long exactly? Anyways, he wants out and in turn pushes himself too far, ending up breaking a rib. For the most, I really enjoyed his character this week, up until the point where he’s yelling at Jo to put the machine higher. I get it, he really wants out of there, but he’s not going to get there any faster the way he’s trying.
Overall, this was a pretty good, drama-filled episode of Grey’s Anatomy. I’m still not feeling it that this is Sandra Oh’s last year, but then they haven’t given much to her character except the Meredith thing, and getting over Owen. And trust me, I’m over Crowen. Otherwise, this episode was enjoyable. While I don’t always agree with the way Shonda runs this series, it is her show and I know how much it bugs me when people think they can write my stories better than me. In a different way, sure, but not better. So, I’ll try to let it go as long as this series is still enjoyable to watch. Oh, and also, it was nice seeing Alex – I mean the babysitter – in this week’s episode. That’s a Chuck reference for those of you that don’t know.
My rating: 7 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“You kiss my kids with that mouth?” – Meredith asks Alex.
“Don’t people kill themselves trying to make those?” – Jo asks. “Everything has a price.” – Webber replies, regarding deep-fried turkey.
“It never bothered me when she was mean to other people, but it really sucks when she’s mean to me.” – Meredith explains, concerning her ousting with Cristina.


Okay, one more show to go and then CHRISTMAS FEVER! So, there’s thirty-three days to go, whatever. Anyways, check back in soon for my review of The Crazy Ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment