Friday, November 8, 2013

Grey's Anatomy 10.08 Review: We Don't Always Recognize When to Stop Ourselves


For all those that have yet to watch tonight’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy, entitled ‘Two Against One’, then now would be your last chance to do so without the threat of spoilers. As always, this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
Can I just say how angry I am with this series? I mean, this is Cristina’s last year on the show, why do they have to go and through her and Mer’s relationship through a loop? Why are they trying to ruin it? From what I can recall of how last season ended, this wasn’t in the works, so why is this absolutely necessary? I can understand the occasional tiff, but all of this?
Other than my issue with that story narrative, this was a decent episode. There was some nice progression with Webber’s character that I quite enjoyed, some honest development to his story. There was also some quality Lorde playing in the background during a scene. I’m just curious to know why Alex thought Meredith couldn’t get the one tumour out. I mean why would she say she could do it just because Cristina said she wasn’t as good a surgeon as her? I’m also curious to know what is going on with Bailey. I thought this whole deal with the glove incident had been resolved last season, but here it is again, rearing its ugly head.
All in all, not a bad episode. There were some good points to it that I enjoyed, as well as some nice drama that is always evident in this series. It’s still quite an enjoyable show, for something in its tenth season, but the fact that a lot of the series regulars from years past are no longer in it, I worry that it won’t stay good for long after they all eventually begin to move on. That starts again this year with Yang, but who will it be next year?
My rating: 7 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“Did you hear Mer just revolutionized the world of cutlery?” – Karev asks Yang.
“He’s a guy in a bathrobe.” Harvey mutters about Webber’s vouching for Shepherd and Avery.
“If you want it faster, page God.” – Edwards tells Ross, regarding the 3D printer.


Okay, I’m off to watch The Crazy Ones now, check back soon for my review of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment