Tuesday, November 19, 2013

How I Met Your Mother 9.10 Review: Delusional Thinking


Anyone that has yet to watch last night’s episode of How I Met Your Mother, entitled ‘Mom and Dad’, now would be a good time to go do that. For this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! Proceed at your own discretion.
Well, I think I’ve finally come to the point where I’m just trying to appreciate this season’s final season – that or I just found this episode good and funny. More than likely, it was a bit of both. There’s a limited amount of new episodes this series is going to have, and I’m trying my best to enjoy seeing this series on my television every week.
This season still does feel a bit like an extra season we were lucky enough to get, and in ways I am quite appreciative of this season. We get to see these five people together, as close as they are, and get to say goodbye to these beloved characters as they bid us farewell. That being said, I am still a bit disappointed in the wedding weekend long season, but I think it is just because I miss more of the year long pacing that this series is more familiar with. Plus, this means we probably won’t get to see these people celebrate Christmas one last time (and Christmas is my favourite holiday; only 36 days left).
Am I the only one that thinks Alyson Hannigan looks better this season than she has in years? I absolutely love her hair, it suits her perfectly, and I no longer think she looks like a new mom – you know, the kind that always looks exhausted. I’m loving getting to see her and Ted spend this much time together, being that her husband is still on the road to the wedding. They’ve had a lot of quality episodes together, and I think that’s great, although I would like to see more of the full group together, especially as soon as Marshall finally gets there.
I just want to mention some of my favourite funny moments of the episode. The first one was definitely the stairs sign, very much something Barney would do. Also, I loved watching Barney and his brother fighting like girls with their hands the way they did; these two are such awesome brothers. Another thing was the song that played during the scene where Ted and Lily realize Zabka framed Ted; nice to know they can throw in some quality rock music. And finally, I really enjoyed Barney’s rendition of a suicide note as his dad read it to the police; he didn’t even spell Cheryl right.
All in all, I am enjoying this season. I do wish a little more would happen and that it wasn’t so concentrated on the wedding as much as it was about Ted meeting the Mother, but it is still good. Maybe it’s just sad knowing there’s an end date for this series.
My rating: 7 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“I now pronounce your asses saved.” – Reverend Gibbs proclaims.
“I win!” – James shouts.
“I’m telling all of y’all, it’s Zabka-tage!” – Ted exclaims.

All right, folks, I’m off to watch Almost Human now, and after that Sleepy Hollow, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment