Thursday, October 24, 2013

Supernatural 9.03 Review: What Makes Us Human


Anyone that has yet to watch Tuesday night’s episode of Supernatural, entitled ‘I’m No Angel’, then please feel free to exit this screen or go and do that now. As always, this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned
Okay, so this week we got to see the freshly human side of things from Cas’s perspective. He always does seem to have an interesting outlook when it comes to humans and how they live their lives. It’s intriguing to be able to see a fully-grown man go through the trials of human life and not as a growing child learning new things by the example their parents and teachers make.
Cas definitely threw out an interesting notion, what with his grace being what created the spell; perhaps he is the only one able to counteract the spell. I do have to say, while I find watching him be human so intriguing, I do hope that he eventually becomes an angel again. So hopefully there is a way to get his grace back as well as allow the angels back into heaven, because we all know they are just going to wreak havoc on our planet.
What I found completely unnecessary was Dean having to kick Cas out. Basically he had to choose Sam’s wellness over Cas, but in the last episode he was all about family to Kevin, so I don’t see why they all could’ve fit in the bunker. I think it’s really just another writing ploy to keep Cas out in the world and on the run. Was it just because the angel possessing Sam thought Cas would recognize that he is an angel? Or would him being an angel radio out to the other angels where Cas was? There honestly should’ve been some way Dean would be able to keep Cas there because come on, that face that Cas made when Dean said he had to go was just sad.
One question before I sign off. Since when did Reapers have to possess people? Because the one in April said she was all too willing to be taken over, but that’s an angel thing, not a reaper. Are the showrunners mixing up some of their mythology? This series is becoming pretty tired if there are too many supernatural races that they can’t be kept intact. Please end it this season, I can’t do another.
My rating: 6.5 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“I’ma get whiplash.” – Dean mutters, about the switch between Sam and Zeke being in charge of Sam’s body.
“No, I read pie, the rest is all just blah, blah, blah.” – Dean retorts, after Sam asks him if he’d read the ingredients.
“I did. I do that.” – Dean states, about his habit of lying.


Okay, sorry for not posting this yesterday, I got a major headache and was pretty drained from the other five reviews, so here it is now. I’m off to go watch Nashville now. After that it’s Revolution and to cap it all off American Horror Story: Coven. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment