Thursday, October 24, 2013

Revolution 2.05 Review: The Devil You Know


For all those that have yet to watch last night’s episode of Revolution, entitled ‘One Riot, One Ranger’, I suggest you go do so immediately or exit this screen. This is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
Okay, so for the most part – that being apart from Neville and his son – the group’s all back together again. I have to say that I quite enjoyed Miles and Monroe working together again, with Charlie smack dab in the middle. Seeing the way they fit together, being that they spent so much time in each other’s lives, both as partners and enemies, is always fun to watch.
While the rest of this episode wasn’t quite as good as others, getting to see more of Charlie and Monroe was worth the wasted time. I mean, really, they’re both so awesome and they work surprisingly well together. Last year, I wasn’t much of a fan of Monroe, but without all of these people working for him, doing wrong, he’s a much better character. And let’s get one thing straight, there’s no way they’re killing him off, that would just be plain stupid.
As opposed to other weeks, I don’t have much to comment on about this episode. I do have to say that once again, I cannot stand how Rachel walks. Let’s just say it reminds me of a lumberjack, or a large man. Also, kind of like a monkey. At the end, there were a few too close close-ups. I’m all for the use of them, but too close is a little repellent. One thing I did like was the face Aaron gave Miles as he passed him and goes on to comment about Monroe. Oh, and Charlie’s face when Aaron says he’s glad to see her, in person he means.
Definitely enjoying this season more than last, although I did like last season. I just think Charlie’s become a much better character, and that somehow Aaron has gotten snarkier. Kripke is pretty masterful in his early seasons of shows. I say that being primarily a fan of the first three seasons of Supernatural, while still liking four and five, just not as much. I’m very much hoping this series gets another season, but it really does need a later time.
My rating: 7.5 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“You’re a handicapable schmuck.” – Monroe declares Miles to be, after seeing his hand.
“It’s a smile, dumbass.” – Cynthia tells Aaron, in a flashback scene.
“Well I guess it is Butch and Sundance.” – Monroe says to Miles, referring to an earlier scene.
“You guys are just saying cities.” – Charlie exclaims, about Monroe and Miles’s plan of attack.
“Son of a…” – Charlie mutters, after being thrown a gun and told to cover Miles and Monroe.


Alright, ladies and gentlemen, I’m off to go watch American Horror Story: Coven now. I’m going to try and write the review up after, but no promises. In case I don’t, check back in tomorrow for review of Grey’s Anatomy, The Crazy Ones, The Vampire Diaries, and Once Upon A Time in Wonderland. Plus, hopefully my sixth straight week of Best Performances of the Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment