Friday, October 25, 2013

Grey's Anatomy 10.06 Review: Making the Pieces Fit


For all those that have yet to watch tonight’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy, entitled ‘Map of You’, I suggest you go and do so now. As always, this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
That was a pretty compelling episode this week. Lots of bits and pieces that all somehow managed to fit together. That’s the Grey’s Anatomy I’ve come to love. While this series has become a little tired, even so the stories and acting is much more captivating than that of The Vampire Diaries, which has only managed half the seasons this series has.
So Cristina and Meredith’s relationship is still on the rocks, even though the former thinks they can go back to the friendship they had, despite the words she’d spoken. I thought it very fitting the way Meredith kind of put her in her place, one of Ellen Pompeo’s best scenes in this episode, although she didn’t have a lot of screen time. Still, we all know they’ll go back to being each other’s person to some extent eventually.
The scenes between Richard and Jo were nice and light and fun to watch. It was enjoyable getting to see her running around and putting pressure on her brain to figure out what was causing the pain in Richard’s shoulder. He’s also looking much better this week, and it was fun to watch him tell his doctor what to do being that he is also her teacher. Still, I hope to eventually see reconciliation with Meredith.
While it was basically predictable to where Alex kept going each night (and for surgeons, boy can these doctors drink), it still provided for an interesting story. My heart broke for him when the picture his father pulled out of his son turned out to be a half-brother he knew nothing about. He thought by some chance his father actually thought of him, but no, it was his latest child that he’d done wrong to. But then, we know how crappy his dad is when he can’t even recognize his own son standing before him. Not until – I think – the man hit him for basically being such a crappy dad all around.
The story between Leah and Arizona was a little much, and I’m not a big fan of Derek medicine heavily focused episodes, but otherwise this was a pretty good episode. No, I don’t constantly get excited about this series like I did in earlier years, but it does provide a compelling enough story each week, and it’s a comfortable kind of thing to watch. Yes, a major soap opera, but still oddly comforting.
My rating: 7 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“You make me sound like a soft drink.” – Meredith says to Callie, who’s going on about being your own brand.
“Air on the side of all of it.” – Cristina tells Shane.
“I hope you’re not thinking I’m pregnant.” – Webber yells after Jo, who’s going to look for an ultrasound machine.
“Also the automatic paper towel thingy won’t recognize me as human.” – Cristina explains to Meredith.


Alright, ladies and gentlemen, I’m off to go watch The Crazy Ones. Then I’ll probably watch a movie or something. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment