Monday, October 14, 2013

Revenge 3.03 Review: Confessing is Good for the Soul


Anyone that has yet to watch last night’s episode of Revenge, titled ‘Confession’, or are simply not caught up in the series, I urge you to do so now. This is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
This week’s episode was actually a pretty good one. The revelation that Aiden is not actually betraying Emily was quite welcome. In that last scene where she touches his scar, it was heart wrenching, she so obviously wants to be with him, but she can’t, not if she wants her vengeance wrought upon the guilty people. Still, it almost makes me want her relationship with Aiden to be who she ends up with, despite being someone who thought she belonged with Jack.
And Jack, the way he was looking at her this week, at the point right before Margo walked in, was so subtle but perfect. Obviously he wants to protect his son, but he also does still care about her, and I’m just glad he does. Though, he is awfully short, compared to Emily in heels. But I digress.
Nolan as always was hilarious. I loved when he was telling the party planner he didn’t need SeaWorld, he just need an enclosed space with a few dolphins. It was probably my favourite line of the episode, and you’d find it below if it wasn’t so long and I really wanted to get to being finished my reviews for the night. Otherwise with Nolan, I felt kind of bad for him when he realized who Patrick was, though I’m not surprised if he’s the man Nolan will give his heart to at some point. It also makes me hope more that Patrick sticks around for a while.
Before learning that Aiden was really just helping Emily out, I was wondering why he hadn’t told Victoria that Emily is actually Amanda Clarke. I suppose that helped to cement in the back of my head that he wasn’t actually going after Emily. But at the same time, why had he searched through her house for the box (which had thankfully been hidden at Nolan’s)? That’s one point that now no longer makes sense.
I just loved the fact that Nolan was wearing a t-shirt with his mug shot on it, just something classic I would expect him to do. And boy is that Lorde song Royals making its rounds through television. Last week it was on The Vampire Diaries, this week it’s on Revenge. The girl does have a beautiful voice, especially being that she’s only seventeen. I expect a long career for her if she keeps up with this.
My one kind of minor issue with this episode was the whole Daniel trying to keep Margo from interviewing Nolan. What is up with that? I mean, doesn’t everyone know Nolcorp was owned by Grayson Global, so that can’t be the reason he’s trying to shield him from the magazine? I honestly just don’t get his problem.
All in all this was a very pleasant episode. I knew there was no way Conrad would be able to confess, but I’m wondering what killed (is he dead?) the priest. How did they crash? I’m curious to learn what happened next episode. I’m also curious to know why Emily would rather hurt Victoria more than Conrad, is it because Victoria betrayed her father more because she was in love with him?
My rating: 7.5 out of 10.

Best Line:
“Or flannel.” – Charlotte says to Jack about what he can’t wear to Nolan’s party.


All right, that’s all for tonight folks. I’m off to bed, maybe read a little more Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Check back in tomorrow for reviews of How I Met Your Mother, Bones, Sleepy Hollow, and The Blacklist.

No comments:

Post a Comment