Monday, October 21, 2013

Revenge 3.04 Review: Everyone has a Hidden Agenda


All those that have yet to watch last night’s episode of Revenge, titled ‘Mercy’, then I suggest you go and do so now or exit this screen. This is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
Well, for the most part I quite enjoyed this episode. So much seemed to happen all in one episode, but it mostly all came together quite well. A lot of the characters appear to have taken major steps forward. Conrad knows he’s not sick, and begins to try and take control of his house back. Victoria initially gets a job, and then ends up taking over the business through conniving blackmail. Emily and Daniel’s relationship is rocked when passive aggressive behavior is not so easily smoothed out. Jack made his own choices and helps out Emily without her approval. Nolan made steps back towards tech-dom and made headway with Patrick.
I’m beginning to like Daniel less and less. He’s no longer this hopeful type trying hard not to be controlled by his family, but this man that makes power plays and thinks about only his own future. Jack, however, I’m liking more than I did in the first episode of this season. He’s not letting Emily control him, and is taking his own steps to help her takedown go smoother, but not giving her all the cards. I also really liked Aiden in this episode, surprising enough. While last week he played it like he was strictly there to help Emily out, and she wished they could be more, but this week it seemed more like he wanted her to lean on him. That vulnerability he showed in that strong desire was breathtaking. I absolutely adored that two steps back when he learned Jack knew Emily was really Amanda Clarke. The previews for next week look amazing; jealousy looks good on the man. While I do want Emily and Jack together, I’m seeing more to Aiden’s character than I had before.
Nolan was hilarious in this episode. That whole back and forth about his addiction to tech was fabulous. Gabriel Mann plays this character so spectacularly every week; he’s always so comedic. I’m extremely excited to learn what he found out about Patrick; no doubt it will be quite intriguing. When Nolan went in to kiss Patrick, I was a little confused by his pulling back; there was such great chemistry between these two men. Then Patrick went in and kissed Nolan, and my heart just swelled for the man. Nolan deserves some happiness, and the way he was smiling just made me feel like he’s going to have that for a little while. Still, I’m not sure why Patrick pulled back at first.
Overall, pretty good episode for the series. I do think it was a little soon for Conrad to learn he didn’t have Huntington’s, but this series never seems to do what I expect, so I’ll give my faith over to them, for once. Definitely want to see more of Aiden’s range of emotions this year; they’re much better this year than last. And I’d also like to see more of Jack and Emily working together. Plus, Charlotte needs a little more screen time next week, stop focusing so much on Conrad. And one final note, that emotion Emily allowed herself when Father Paul died was simply perfect.
My rating: 7.5 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“Just once. Yeah, then I can stop. I can stop any time.” – Nolan says, acting like any typical addict.
“If I can’t stop, then I can write a program that will make me stop.” – Nolan continues, reveling to the blind that his addiction is to tech.


Alright, that’s all for tonight. I’m free to spend the next few hours as I wish. Maybe I’ll write, maybe I’ll go watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer, who knows?Bones, How I Met Your Mother, Sleepy Hollow, and The Blacklist.
But check back in tomorrow for reviews of

No comments:

Post a Comment