Wednesday, October 9, 2013

New Girl 3.04 Review: Feelings Versus a Physical Relationship


If you haven’t watched last night’s New Girl episode, entitled ‘The Captain’, then now would be a good time to do so. This is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! Proceed at your own discretion.
What can I say about this episode? I honestly have only one note, and it’s not even a note, it’s my favourite line of the episode. There were some funny moments, one in particular being when Jess turns off the light and makes the horn noise. Winston was also funny, with his desire to get his cat laid. He genuinely did get it right though, that he’s hosting a cat brothel, but still the most normal roommate in the loft.
I’m really just looking forward to seeing Coach back in the series, for whatever time he is in it. Winston is great, but he’s the only thing that keeps me watching it week to week, as I wait to see Coach. Jess and Nick’s relationship is incredibly dull already, and they’ve only been together one month. And then the whole Schmidt situation where he didn’t end up picking one woman just came to a head way too early. This series is nowhere near the comical standing of Friends, I can’t see it lasting more than another year or two, if this is the way it keeps going.
In the beginning, these characters were funny, they were getting to know each other, we were getting to know them. Now it’s like we know them too much, and there’s nothing left to learn. Don’t get me wrong, I always enjoy seeing how much characters know about each other, but there has to be a little bit of mystery for the audience to be able to grow fond of.
My rating: 6 out of 10.

Best Line:
“How often do you groom your cat?” – Winston asking a woman, and she thinks he’s referring to them as cats.


All right, I’m going to try and punch in Trophy Wife and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but it looks like I’m not going to get to Supernatural tonight. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment