Tuesday, October 22, 2013

How I Met Your Mother 9.06 Review: Friday Night Launches the Weekend


Anyone that has yet to watch last night’s episode of How I Met Your Mother, entitled ‘Knight Vision’, then I suggest you go and do so immediately. This is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
Well, we’ve finally gotten to Friday night of the longest wedding weekend ever, and there were definitely some interesting points to the episode. I really loved how Sherry brought up the whole subject of why is Marshall’s dream more important than Lily’s, and what gave him the right to choose before consulting with his wife. Also, getting to see Richard Gilmore – I mean Edward Herrmann – back on the acting scene was nice.
While I did like Anna Camp in Pitch Perfect and the first time she showed up on True Blood, I was not a fan of her character in this episode. For a sitcom, she was just way too unrealistic and annoying. That and the fact that she was basically just thrown in there to keep Ted safe until he meets the Mother – and where is she by the way?
Still, I think way too much has happened for this to be considered a wedding weekend; it’d have been more appropriate for it to be a wedding week. I’ve been to a few weddings, and been behind the scenes of one or two, they were nowhere near this jam packed with events. It’s a little too much for me; I don’t think the creators really thought it all the way through. Plus, next week the previews are Halloween related, with a possible haunting in Lily’s room, nowhere near the weekend, yet somehow it can be tied in. It’s a little too much.
My rating: 6 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“It was the Holy Grail.” – Ted answers. “…Of cups, I know.” – Barney replies.
“Unless… Wedding at Bernie’s!” – Barney exclaims. “We’re not doing Wedding at Bernie’s.” – Robin logically retorts.
"Prayer five." - Barney murmurs, before Robin and him act it out.


Okay, I’m off to watch the wedding of the decade, or at least the build up has been that long, over on Bones. Then it’s The Blacklist. No Sleepy Hollow tonight or next week, because it’s been pushed back to November 4th for the next new episode for baseball… ugh, baseball. Anyways, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment