Tuesday, October 29, 2013

How I Met Your Mother 9.07 Review: Secrets Among Friends, Not Significant Others


Anyone that has yet to watch tonight’s episode of How I Met Your Mother, entitled ‘No Questions Asked’, that wishes to do so devoid of spoilers, I suggest you do that now. This is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
This is going to be short and sweet, because I’m beyond tired and have very little notes about this episode. It was funny, especially compared to when I turned my television on and heard the terrible laugh track to 2 Broke Girls, but it’s just not exactly the same show I’ve come to love. There’s been too little time packed into this one season, and they have managed to keep it interesting enough for the first seven episodes, but it has been believable.
And where is the mother? I know she meets everyone before Ted, but she’s only been in the first two or three episodes so far, so where is she? She doesn’t necessarily need to be meeting characters, but she could at least pop up every now and again. Also, I’m a little annoyed about Marshall still being on the road, I want to see him actually interacting with the rest of the characters. I sincerely hope he’s in the next episode. And that the next episode doesn’t have some kind of problem between Barney and Robin before their wedding. That’s getting annoyingly old.
Overall, this is a very cute, hurrah kind of season, but it’s nothing compared to how this series developed over eight seasons. I did like the whole no questions asked thing between the friends, and how cute it was for Barney and Robin to make a plan together, only to have had Ted sitting in that chair with a glass of brandy. Probably my favourite moment of the episode right there. So this season is good, for a sitcom, but not as good as it could have been. The way it’s being written, it should’ve just been given a shortened season.
My rating: 7 out of 10.

Best Line:
“Why do you have a gun? Why do you always have a gun?” Ted sputters out the question to Robin.


Okay, I’m off to have a nap. Check back in in a couple hours to catch my review of The Blacklist. Otherwise, I’m out.

No comments:

Post a Comment