Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Crazy Ones 1.11 Review: Privilege vs. What is Earned


All those that have yet to watch Thursday night’s episode of The Crazy Ones, entitled ‘The Intern’, than you’re getting to the party even later than I am with this review, so I suggest you go watch it now. For this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! Proceed at your own discretion.
This is going to be short and sweet, so here goes. I really do love this sitcom, I say this every week and it really is true. The actors work together so well, the comedy is smart and funny, and the characters seamlessly fit together like a family. This is definitely one show I look forward to every week.
During this week’s episode, Ashley Tisdale (of Disney Channel’s The Suite Life of Zach and Cody fame, as well as the short-lived series Hellcats) guest starred as the daughter of a multi-million dollar company CEO that our friendly advertising people at Lewis, Roberts and Roberts did ads for, and thus scored a three-month intern position. She also turned out to be terrible for the job. While I did watch this with my sister, who believes Tisdale is a terrible actress, I’d disagree with that in that she did decently well in this episode. I think she’s definitely one that fits supporting, or minor roles. She certainly played her character best at the Jewish Frat party, where I found her most enjoyable.
All in all, this series has yet to fail to make me laugh. Each week is just so much greatness found in all of the characters stories that I just love. I absolutely adored Zach and Andrew together this week and loved when they stood up to Lauren’s using them both. It was just fantastic. Sure, someday the kind of run on gags could become annoying if they’re used to an extreme level, but at the moment they’re rather enjoyable.
My rating: 7.5 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“But as a follower of your Tumblr, I say change the names and go for it.” – Simon cautions Zach against an office romance as his boss, but then says otherwise.
“I could’ve been here with Zach?” – Simon remarks, after Andrew says Zach is the one that’s actually Jewish.
“You just got ‘grammed, bitches.” – Kelsi exclaims.
“We’re in advertising. We sell people stuff they don’t want everyday.” – Sydney states.
“Zach and Andrew. Zandrew.” – Lauren joins the two men’s names. “Zandrew?” – Sydney questions. “Andrach, I don’t know?” – Lauren responds.
“That is so Sagittarius of you.” – Kelsi’s roommate yells.




Stay tuned for my review of The Vampire Diaries, coming up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment