Friday, December 6, 2013

The Crazy Ones 1.10 Review: Everything Gets Turned Around


For all those that have yet to watch last night’s episode of The Crazy Ones, entitled ‘Models Love Magic’, I suggest that is what you go and do now before proceeding ahead. This is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
I realize I’ve said this before, likely in almost every other review of this series that I’ve written, but I honestly love this series. The characters are so kooky, but in a good way. These people work together so well, I’m astonished that they aren’t their characters and haven’t been working together for years.
This sitcom just works so well for me. It’s smart, over-the-top, but not too over-the-top. Somehow the characters manage to stay grounded and realistic, despite all their neuroses. Sure, one day their personality traits may grow old on me, but that is nowhere in the distant future. I honestly can say that I would be heartbroken if this series wasn’t picked up for another season. This sitcom is just too good.
Although I’m not completely sure why the Victoria Secrets models were getting a photo shoot done by this ad agency, it was nice to see them kind of put the Zach and Andrew roles in reverse. Also, it gave a hilarious little opening scene, as well as a fantastic scene for Simon, particularly when he wore the wings and was demonstrating for the models. Plus, they somehow managed to make Sydney feel dumb, for her upbeat reading styles. So it was definitely nifty to get to see them in this episode. This series must be doing well if it’s managing to snag Victoria Secrets angels.
All in all, this sitcom is fantastic. I’m always excited each week to see what hilarious shenanigans these coworkers manage to get into together. The writing is well done, the acting works to an incredible level, and the cinematography is just outstanding. As someone who always leaves her favourite food for last to eat, I always leave this show for last because I know I’m going to enjoy and want to finish my night of TV on a high note. Also, being that I’m not a huge sitcom lover, that this series still manages to make me laugh exponentially is astounding. Also, Simon with the puppies and then the disco ball. Honestly, if you’re not watching this series, you really need to be.
My rating: 8 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“She’s ten feet of crazy in a five foot frame.” – Lauren defines Sydney.
“This is a remarkably stupid predicament. This is like Brady Bunch level stupid.” – Sydney states.
“And he set the lobsters free at the restaurant.” – Gordon explains some of Simon’s antics.






Alright, folks, that’s all for tonight. Check back in tomorrow night for my reviews of Bones and Haven. Otherwise, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment