Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Almost Human 1.05 Review: Intelligence and Arrogance Only Go So Far


All those that have yet to watch Monday night’s episode of Almost Human, entitled ‘Blood Brothers’, this is where I suggest that you go and do that before proceeding ahead. For this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
This is such a unique, nifty series that I really enjoy. The amount of money that must go into each episode looks like it could be a lot just because of all of the futuristic technology that is evident in each episode. It really is masterfully done, and that definitely keeps me coming back each week.
All of the characters are really starting to form as their own individual people, including Dorian. I especially love the relationship between him and Kennex that really manages to ground the series. They have this great partner-cop relationship that is weirdly unique in that Dorian is technically artificial intelligence. And they seem to chafe each other in the most adorable, cop-related, brothers in arms kind of ways.
Also, I’m really enjoying the moments between Kennex and Stahl. This relationship seems like one that will eventually blossom into romance, and I’m really loving the cute, early flirting stages that they’re in at the moment. These two definitely feel like they will naturally gravitate towards a great relationship that will help to put this show a little bit over the edge. Although, I do expect that Kennex’s problems with his ex-girlfriend – the one that disappeared on him while he was in a coma because she’s part of the radical group that killed his partner – will create an obstacle in the eventual future.
All in all, I enjoyed this week’s episode; it was better than last week’s, but not better than the two before that. I found it funny that the other A.I.’s are basically Ken dolls, something that popped in my head just before Kennex’s line about it. Also, the ways they can grow this universe, merely with the vast amounts of technology they could be capable of is phenomenal, and that’s clearly evident in this episode with the whole cloning issues. This is definitely a series to watch, and one I look forward to each week. It has grabbed me, and I hope to be able to enjoy numerous seasons of this series.
My rating: 7.5 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“I can’t get it out of my head… Life-size Ken dolls.” – Kennex remarks.
“John, your fake leg is really sexy.” – Dorian says to Kennex, literally imitating Stahl’s voice.


Okay, my apologies for not having this up yesterday, I had an extremely long day and a lot of driving was involved. Plus, my roommate got me wanting to finally watch Pulp Fiction, so I scratched the last ten minutes of this until just now. So here it is, and stay tuned for my review of Sleepy Hollow in about an hour. Afterwards, I’ll be getting to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Trophy Wife. Check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment