Friday, December 6, 2013

Grey's Anatomy 10.11 Review: Progress Begins with Failure


Anyone that has yet to watch last night’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy, entitled ‘Man on the Moon’, now would be the best time to go and do that. For this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
Well, this was a pretty good episode of the series that’s come about as of late. Kepner’s sisters were in town for her bridal shower, and we got to see her stick to her guns and tell them off for calling her ducky. Aside from the stupidity of having put her with Jackson in the first place, I’m kind of liking Kepner more this season, with the backbone she seems to have grown.
Elsewhere, Cristina and Ross were spending a lot of time together. We first saw them this episode in one of the on call rooms, and it definitely reminded me of early Grey’s, where attending’s and interns got their freak on a fair amount of the time. The difference is, I’m still not rooting for Ross, at all, especially with how big of an ass he is being to Meredith. He may just be trying to stick up for Cristina, but he’s just coming across as a dick. I felt especially heartbroken when they acted like old school Mer and Cristina after the baby started getting better. It made me really sad when Mer tried to confront Cristina about Ross’s attitude towards her being rather cordial and trying to take the high road, and Cristina just acted like a jerk and twisted her words. I’m really sick of these two not being friendly, I could really use them being best friends again, especially knowing this is Sandra Oh’s last year. I feel like they’re ruining they’re best friend time and replaced it with some drama.
There were some great things to this episode. The music they played near the end was some quality background tunes, particularly Lorde’s ‘Team’. Also, there were fair amounts of nice shots of Seattle interspersed throughout the episode, with one particular one sticking in my mind. Another thing I loved was the whole dealings with Derek, Callie, and the woman trying to move the fingers. I felt so bad for the way she was treating her husband, only for him to be the reason she was doing this, and her ability to do it with him standing there was just beautiful and made me teary eyed. That was a wonderful television moment that was actually able to move me with its beauty. And finally, I really adored the face that crossed over Arizona when one of the Kepner sisters said her husband and her were still working through his infidelity.
All in all, a decent episode of the series. It was certainly better than the two hundredth episode, but not quite as good as the last episode or two. I did enjoy getting to see Bailey forced into working through her problems with that woman, with the overly large features, hovering around her. Definitely loved Webber getting to talk with Bailey this week. There were definitely some heartfelt moments to this episode, and that’s something I really enjoy. The writing wasn’t as tight as it could have been, but they managed.
My rating: 7 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“I’m allergic to boring surgeries.” – Murphy tells Edwards.
“Those poor puppies.” – Edwards murmurs.
“Progress looks like a bunch of failures. And you can have feelings about that because it’s sad, but you can’t fall apart.” – Meredith shares her wisdom with Edwards.
“It doesn’t matter, as long as you say something nice.” – Webber lets Murphy and Edwards in on his wisdom of Kepner’s bridal shower where she’s getting gifts.
“Accept that you have a disease.” – Webber tells Bailey.
“Sometimes the key to making progress is to recognize how to take that very first step. Then you start your journey.” – Meredith’s over voice says.




Okay, folks, I’m off to watch The Crazy Ones now, so check back soon for that. Also, you have no idea how unbelievably difficult it is to watch and write notes about these shows tonight when I had a ridiculously cute kitten trying to lie on my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment