Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Trophy Wife 1.12 Review: Learning How to Parent


Anyone that has yet to watch tonight’s episode of Trophy Wife, entitled ‘The Punisher’, now would be the perfect time to do that before proceeding ahead. For this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
I have to say that this episode may be my favourite episode of the series thus far. That was just fantastic. I loved watching Kate squirm as she tried to figure out how to punish Warren and Hillary, and mostly figuring things out by the end, at least getting the hang of it. Also, it was fantastic to see Diane and her actually agreeing and working together with each other on something for once.
Basically, this episode was all about Kate learning her parenting role when it comes to punishment, with a side note of Pete and Jackie co-parenting Bert. Not being a parent myself, I can only imagine how difficult the punishment part is, especially when you’re the stepparent, so I commend Kate for actually figuring things out for the most part. She lost her way in the middle there, but she came around in the end. I’m actually surprised she didn’t back down from the punishment, but then she does have some other parents to fall back on.
All in all, this episode was pretty great. Some very realistic issues were brought up and worked through in very exaggerated, fun kind of ways. That’s the kind of thing I like to see in this type of sitcom. As long as it keeps me laughing, I’ll definitely stick around. Especially since it’s ripe with stories, and there’s very little chance it will become convoluted and ridiculous a la New Girl.
My rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No memorable lines.


Okay, I think I’m off to take a brief break, and then watch Supernatural or The Originals; I’m not sure which yet. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment