Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Almost Human 1.07 Review: A Psycho Scorned


This is a friendly reminder for all those that have yet to watch last Monday’s episode of Almost Human, entitled ‘Simon Says’, that now would be a brilliant time to go and catch up on that. For this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
Since I have a few notes I would like to touch base on concerning last week’s episode, I’m going to write a brief review. Now, you’ll have to bear with me a bit, seeing as I did watch this episode a good eight days ago. But here goes.
I just wanted to write that this episode was rather enjoyable. Despite its similarities to the film Untraceable, at least in the beginning, it was a rather intriguing episode. It was blatantly obvious that the guy was going to go after Kennex by the middle there, but that didn’t make it any less enjoyable.
Michael Ealy really showed his chops in this episode. The AI he played had to demonstrate a larger, more erratic, range of emotions that was just brilliantly hilarious. I absolutely loved when he got in that altercation in the beginning, with the detective in charge of back-up power distribution. And then in the way he showed him that he was much more useful than those other AI’s with no emotion. I think the guy’s slowly coming around to his kind of AI.
All in all, it was a good episode. Urban showed his great ability to act, in his display of Kennex’s need to save himself for once. And, like I said, Ealy really proved that he can play just as hard.
My rating: 7.5 out of 10.

Best Line:
“The good news is the donut machine does have a full charge, but we are out of chocolate sprinkles.” – Kennex says, making fun of Detective Paul.


Okay, that’s as brief as I could make it. Now I really am going to go watch Friday’s episode of Bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment