Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.11 Review: The Truth of the Matter


This is a friendly reminder for anyone that has yet to watch last week’s episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., entitled ‘The Magical Place’, that now would be a good time to do that. For this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
Okay, so this is going to be quick, but here goes. While I don’t quite think all the acting is completely up to snuff (*cough*May*cough*), I did really like that there was a great unity to our favourite super-less heroes. They were all very much in the mindset to rescue Coulson, and bring him back to lead the team.
Some of my favourite parts to this episode involved a lot of Skye. Her impersonating May was fantastic and hilariously on key. I’d almost think she expressed more depth of the character than Melinda May herself. Also, I thought that the actress that plays Raina was very good this week in her persuading skills. I was honestly beginning to feel like she was completely right about the entire situation, but the actress still tries a little too hard. Clark Gregg was perfect this week in demonstrating the hardships Coulson was going through. I much preferred this to the occasional arrogance that can come off him. And I would also like to say that at least Mike is still alive; perish the thought of not seeing J. August Richards on my screen every week; I’ve missed him since Angel.
All in all, I’m actually looking forward to tonight’s episode. I was honestly expecting the payoff for Coulson’s being brought back to life to be disappointing, but it was actually decent. It was eerily creepy watching that machine do what it was doing to his brain, and having him repeatedly ask them to just let him die. It was sad and something I could pity.
My rating: 7.5 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“Don’t touch Lola.” – Skye tells the agent, referring to Coulson’s car.
“Disengage bracelet.” – Coulson says. “Are you kidding me?” – Skye questions.




Okay, now I’m off to watch tonight’s Trophy Wife, check back soon for that review.

No comments:

Post a Comment