Tuesday, January 14, 2014

How I Met Your Mother 9.14 Review: The Simple Pleasures of Anticipation


Anyone that has yet to watch last night’s episode of How I Met Your Mother, entitled ‘Slapsgiving 3: Slappointment in Slapmarra’, then now would be a good time to go and do that. For this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
This one’s going to be short and sweet, so here goes. I really enjoyed that this episode was mostly told in flashback sequences because I’m still not completely sold on the whole wedding weekend season. As long as they stay away from the inn the wedding is being held at, I’m happiest.
So, there’s only one slap left after this episode, and this episode basically went through the torturing of Barney and his anticipation with the second last slap. I have to say I love this whole slap bet thing that this series came up with, they’ve managed to come up with so many great things over the years – including the infamous Challenge Accepted. I’m going to miss this series when it’s gone; it’s my second favourite sitcom (behind Friends), so it will likely live on like my first favourite and be watched numerous times.
All in all, this was a nice and funny episode. I love how the whole gang enjoys torturing Barney and making him feel like he misheard what was said. This series really is such a brilliant thing, again behind only Friends in its sitcom-y brilliance. It’s funny how I’ve actually been able to watch the last few seasons as they aired, and it’s still almost as great as Friends.
My rating: 7.5 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“Think of it as a high five, (pause) for your stupid face.” – Marshall tells Barney.
“In the far off mystical land of… Cleveland.” – White Flower explains to Marshall.




Okay, so I’m off to watch Bones now, so check back later for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment