Thursday, January 16, 2014

Revolution 2.11 Review: Knowing One Another


This is a reminder for all those that have yet to watch last night’s episode of Revolution, entitled ‘Mis Dos Padres’, that now would be the time to divert your eyes from this screen. As always, this is not a spoiler free blog. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! You’ve been warned.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I love this series. The writing is consistently well done, the acting more or less superb, and the world is just so intriguing. Sure, there are still some convoluted plot points (the whole Patriots thing), but they’re the kinds that keep me on the edge of my seat as I watch this show.
Again, while I do love this show, this week’s episode very much felt like a filler episode. It makes me think that a lot of this stuff was written in to get from point A to point B, and that makes me less satisfied with the overall product of this episode and hungrier for more next week. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the episode thoroughly, but I’m a little disappointed Miles, Monroe, Rachel, and Connor weren’t able to get back to Charlie and Gene this week, although I do understand the pacing wouldn’t have been right. I’m excited to see Connor and Charlie meet each other, although I’m under the belief they may have a Rory and Jess first meeting (Gilmore Girls characters, for all you not in the know). I do hope that they still go the Monroe and Charlie route, though; those two have mad chemistry.
One thing I am hoping for soon is that the Neville’s interact with the rest of our heroes/antiheroes. It’s been too long that these characters have been away from each other, and I’m really feeling like it’s time that the show melds together. I’m fine with leaving Aaron on his own little solo tour – as long as it doesn’t overwhelm an episode – but the rest of the characters really need to come together. As much as I’m enjoying each piece to the puzzle these characters are creating, they’ve all been half a season apart, and I feel like they’ve only got a couple of episodes left in them before it feels like they’re dragging these characters apart too much.
All in all, I really love this show, and getting to wolf it down every week. I always love when Wednesday’s come around and being able to get home from work so that I can watch this show. I’m even beginning to like Rachel, in her downgraded role of not being the sole focus of an episode. I even found myself enjoying that “Hey!” and then groan, bang move she did to that Mexican cartel soldier with a pot. The fact that I’m becoming able to cheer on one of my least favourite characters just goes to show how wonderful this series really is. Honestly, I’ll be heartbroken if they don’t get a third season. Really, we should all just send light bulbs to NBC like Roswell fans did with Tabasco sauce to get another season of that show. I need more Revolution; it’s just getting into its prime.
My rating: 7.5 out of 10.

Best Lines:
“It’s like Donald Trump threw up on Scarface.” – Monroe remarks on Mr. Nunez’s humble abode.
“You’re a dick.” – Miles tells Bass (aka Monroe, for all you not paying attention to this show).
“Oh, shut up! You’ve been his dad for five minutes, all of a sudden you’re Cliff Huxtable?” – Miles criticizes Monroe.
“How did you know I was here?” – Gene questions. “Because you’re exactly like mom; neither of you listen.” – Charlie responds.
“Welcome to the SyFy channel.” – Aaron states.
“He’s pretty good, huh?” – Monroe enthuses about his son. “Shut up and focus.” – Miles replies.
“This poker face is my face.” – Tom says.




Oh, and don't forget:


Okay, I’m off to catch up on last week’s review of American Horror Story: Coven, and afterwards will be Nashville and this week’s episode of American Horror Story: Coven. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment