Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Brooklyn Nine-Nine 1.02 Review: Follow by the Book


Everyone should have this routine down by now. All those that have yet to which tonight’s episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, titled ‘The Tagger‘, and wish to do so devoid of spoilers, now would be the time to exit this review. THIS BLOG MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! Proceed with caution.
Although I wasn’t as excited to watch this episode as I was to watch the pilot, this wasn’t an overall terrible show. I still don’t like the documentary-type feel to the cinematography, making it only a matter of time before I stop watching this show; there were a few laughs.
The Captain’s one-liners were excellently executed, so there is easy kudos to Andre Braugher for bringing to life that character, though I do wish he had gotten into a more dramatic role. Peralta is also a character that I can see will learn to grow through interaction with the Captain, and I’m sure Andy Samberg will continue to provide a good amount of hilarity and presence to the character. I particularly liked Diaz in this episode, well played by Stephanie Beatriz. Her tough girl attitude is something I like in characters, but I’m not as much for comedy as I am for drama.
For the most part, the episode was tedious, but it did have some value to the lessons provided. I’m sure, like The Office, that this show will live a healthy amount of years before it comes to an end, I just don’t see myself continuing on that path with it, because it doesn’t seem to be my cup of tea for a sitcom.
Other than that, I don’t think I really have all that much to say, so I’ll turn it over to my favourite lines from the episode, before signing off.
My rating: 2.5 out of 5.

Best Lines:
“Has anyone ever told you, you look like a statue?” – Peralta.
“Yes.” – Holt.

“Don’t arrest him. Just smack him, hard. With a phone book, on a body part no one can see. You know what I’m sayin’?” – Diaz.

“You’re out of uniform, Peralta.” – Holt.
“Baby steps, Captain, baby steps.” – Peralta.

That’s all for now, check back soon for a review of Trophy Wife. Then it’s onto Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment