Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Unapologetically Me


In the interest of my journey, I thought I'd give you all a little starting off point. My life revolves around three key things, aside from writing and work. Family (to which I lump friends in with as I have so few close ones), my cat Aurora (or, as I call her Munchkin), and television. 

I watch a lot of television, it's a passion of mine. I'm currently obsessed with the show Chuck, having watched four of the five seasons in a matter of a few weeks. Right now, I'm re-watching the first season while I await the fifth season to get delivered from B.C. In the past I've been hooked on my currently all-time favourite series Buffy, as well as it's spin off series Angel.

Buffy has been in my life since I was little. I remember around the age of seven, curling up with my mom and younger sister and watching an episode whenever we could. It was first dvd I ever bought; it was the first series I owned completely. And it has been my favourite TV series ever since. The only two series that have ever come close to knocking it off as my all-time favourite series, are Veronica Mars (when I became obsessed with that series about five years ago), and my now second favourite series Chuck.

It doesn't take a lot for me to like a television show, aside from my dislike of reality TV, I can like almost anything, as long as there's growth. That need is why any of the CSI's or Law and Order's can no longer grab me; I can watch an episode here or there, but I can't watch it on a weekly basis. I also don't watch much in the way of cartoons, and have only ever liked three anime series enough to watch the bulk of them.

Anyways, the fact that it is easy enough to grab me with television, makes it very difficult to narrow down what I watch during the year, but it also makes it easy for me to be entertained, which is ultimately the point. In the past, aside from my aforementioned series', I've enjoyed the likes of Dark Angel, Gilmore Girls, Smallville, Boy Meets World, Sailor Moon, Roswell, and numerous other series'.

I'm very easy-going when it comes to liking series', but not so easy-going when it comes to loving them. My top five in descending order are as follows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Chuck, Angel, Gilmore Girls and Friends. Those are five series' I can watch over and over again, and it doesn't hurt that they've all got a large number of episodes to enjoy.

As is obvious by reading this post, I have a passion for television. The right scene can provoke an emotion that persuades you to lose yourself in a world that may not be possible otherwise. Music, cinematography, characters, writing, actors, and many more elements go into making such beauty arrive and exist for hopefully as much time as will allot it. Not only in television, but in film as well. They can bring you to your knees, make you weep, laugh, be shocked, get angry, find yourself afraid. All of these emotions just triggered by one element. Something so beautiful, that beyond what it's lacking, it continues to be just amazing.

That's why I own one hundred and seventy-six films on DVD, as well as seventy-nine seasons of twenty-six series'. It's a pretty extensive collection, but it's a part of me, a part of my life that is crucial and important to who I am as a person. I can be moved so wholly and extensively, that, for one moment,  nothing else matters except being in that moment.

Alright, I think I've taken up enough of your time.

Always,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment